A Fruit_Macedonia, fresh Fruit Salad, is an ideal dessert to complete any summer meal, particularly BBQs.
Because it is so light and healthy, it is also perfect after a heavy meal.
This dessert is also very colorful and looks impressive at the table!
This Fruit_Macedonia recipe is made 100% out of fruits,it has not other ingredients!!
By choosing the fruits at their optimal state of maturation, we will guarantee the sweetest and tastier result.
It can be served by itself, or accompanied with Chantilly Cream, and decorated with the pineapple's tuft of stiff leaves.
- Pour the orange juice into a big container, ideally see-through, to make the most of the Fruit_Macedonia looks.
- Peel the bananas and slice them.
tip: Add the sliced bananas immediately to the orange juice and make sure the fruit is well covered by the juice. In this way, we will avoid the darkening of the bananas.
- Wash and dry the apples. No need to peel them off. Cut them in wedges with an apple corer slicer or with a knife.
- Cut each wedge into 3-4 pieces and quicky add them to the container with the orange juice. Mix well together with the juice.
tip: by mixing the apple pieces with the orange juice, we avoid the apples becoming brownish.
- Wash and drain the strawberries and remove the green bits.
- Slice the strawberries along.
- Cut each slice into 3-4 pieces depending on size of the strawberries. Add them to the container.
- Wash and drain the blueberries. Add them to the rest of the fruits.
- Choose a ripe pineapple, it should smell sweet and ready. Otherwise, use a can of pineapple slices. Either way, make sure to keep all the juice from the pineapple or can, and add it to the container.
- Cut the top of the pineapple with a knife, keeping it with its tuft for decoration.
- Place the pineapple vertically and remove the outside with the help of a knife...
- ... until the whole fruit is peeled off.
- Slice the pineapple and remove the brown dots in the fruit.
- Cut the slices into smaller pieces and add them to the container.
- With the point of a knife, identify where the core of the mango is. Then slice the mango above and under the core, to provide two fleshy parts and the one containing the core.
- On each of the two fleshy portions, make deep cuts to the peel with a sharp knife, forming cubic-shaped pieces.
- Now press from underneath to expose the cubes and cut them off with the sharp knife. Add them to the container.
- Wash and drain the grapes and add them to the salad, making sure to remove the stems.
- Peel the kiwis off, cut them in wedges using the apple core slicer for that purpose or a knife.
- Cut the kiwi's wedges into smaller pieces if needed and add them to the Macedonia.
- Mix the Fruit_Macedonia well, make sure that the orange juice covers all the fruits. Add more juice if needed.
If adding raspberries, do it at the very end. Just wash and dry them,
and then add them at the top of the Macedonia without touching them too
much (they are very fragile and stain).
- Bring to the fridge until serving.
- Decorate with the pineapple's tuft.
- Serve by itself or with Chantilly Cream.
FREE eBook & Newsletters
Would you like to have a Web Page dedicated to Your Best Food Recipes? Your friends, family and the public would be able to see your page, try your recipes and leave comments...
Ideally, write about recipes of your own creation. However, you are welcome to write about somebody else's recipes as long as you acknowledge their credit.
With this chance of shining online, your cooking will be so much more appreciated!!!
Inspired by Mich Turner's creation for Sir Paul McCartney
and Heather Mills wedding cake as featured in "Spectacular Cakes"
Baby Boy Christening Cake
Orange and Dark Chocolate Cake- Full recipe here -
Inspired by Sexy Builders as featured in Debbie Brown's "Naughty Cakes"
Inspired by Racy Speedboat as featured in Debbie Brown's "Naughty Cakes"
50th Birthday Cake
First Communion Cake